Membership in the Yuki Teikei Haiku Society
Membership in the society provides you with a world of haiku practice and appreciation:
- Members receive GEPPO, the quarterly study-work journal. A member may submit up to four haiku for each issue, which are published as submitted, but without the members name. Members are encouraged to vote for upu to ten commendable haiku from the previous issue. In this way writers can learn by studying the work of others, and by the response to their own work. Haiku earning the most votes are reprinted in the next GEPPO with the author’s name.
- Members meet once a month except in August, in various locations usually in or within driving distance of San Jose, California, to write haiku and celebrate the haiku life. The meetings are often held at facilities with beautiful settings. Programs for the meetings feature the fascinating literature, history, and world of haiku and associated arts.
- A Members’ Anthology is published annually. Members may submit haiku from their previous year’s work. Each member receives a copy of the Anthology. YTHS publications from previous years are also available for purchase.
- An annual Haiku Retreat is held each November at the Asilomar Conference Center, on the seacoast of the Monterey Peninsula.
- Society membership dues are for a calendar year and are due in January. Members who join after June may request a reduced membership of $16 and are asked to renew in January.
- Bylaws of the Society are provided here.
- If it is necessary to determine your membership status, contact Toni Homan, Membership Secretary.
- To join, please print the bottom of this page, fill out the form, checking the appropriate boxes, with your check (made out to Yuki Teikei Haiku Society) and send it to:
9457 Mereoak Circle
Elk Grove, CA 95758
|[ ] New Membership
[ ] $32 U.S./Canada
[ ] $26 U.S./Canada Sr.
|[ ] Renew Membership
[ ] $40 International
[ ] $31 International Sr.
|[ ] Address Change
[ ] $_______Gift