Yuki Teikei Haiku Society
sponsors the annual
Kiyoshi & Kiyoko Tokutomi Memorial Haiku Contest
In-hand Deadline: May 31, 2013
Prizes: $100 $50 $25
- Haiku must be in English.
- Haiku must each have 17 syllables in a 5-7-5 pattern.
- Each haiku must use only one kigo from the contest list.
- Haiku with more than one recognized kigo will be disqualified.
2013 Contest Kigo List
New Year: first sun, New Year’s reunion
Spring: sugar moon, soap bubble
Summer: iris, iced coffee
Autumn: migrating raptors, grasshopper
Winter: whale, long underwear
- Entry fee $7.00 per page of three haiku. No limit on entries. Entries will not be returned. No refunds.
- For paper submission, put three poems per page and send 4 copies of each page, with your name and address on only one copy, typed on 8 ½ x 11 paper. (See below for the option to submit by email, if and only if the fee is paid by Paypal.)
- Make checks or money orders payable to “Yuki Teikei Haiku Society.” Overseas entrants please use International Postal Money Order, in U.S. currency only.
- For a paper copy of the results (which will also be Web-available) send a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) marked “Contest Winners.” Writers abroad: Please enclose a self-addressed envelope (SAE) plus enough postage in international reply coupons for air mail return. (See below for option to you pay by Paypal.)
- Entries must be original, unpublished, and not under consideration elsewhere. No previous winning haiku are eligible.
- This contest is open to anyone, except for the YT President and Contest Chair.
- Final selection will be made by a distinguished haiku poet. The Society may print winning poems and commentary in its newsletter, web site, annual anthology, and brochures.
- If not pre-paying by Paypal, send entries with entry fee by mail to:
YTHS Tokutomi Contest
J. Zimmerman – Contest Chair
P.O. Box 757
Santa Cruz, CA 95061
- Alternatively, you may pay the contest entry fee via Paypal to email@example.com . (For PayPal information see the YTHS web site, https://youngleaves.org/ .) On the PayPal transmittal page, show the subject as “2013 Tokutomi Contest entries”, and in the message section provide your name and number of poems submitted.
- If (and only if) you pay by PayPal, you may submit your contest entries by email to zim (at) skyhighway dot com .
- Contest results will be announced at the 2013 YTHS Annual Haiku Retreat in early November and be available on this website soon after.